Step-by-Step Guide to Prepare Speedy Traditional Southern Cornbread
Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Traditional Southern Cornbread recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Traditional Southern Cornbread recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Nutritious Vitality Snacks.
We all know that consuming healthy foods can help us feel better inside our bodies. Increasing our consumption of well balanced meals while lowering the intake of unhealthy ones plays a role in a more wholesome feeling. A little bit of pizza does not cause you to feel as healthy as ingesting a fresh green salad. Sometimes it’s tough to find healthier foods for something to eat between meals. You can spend several hours at the grocery store searching for the right snack foods to allow you to feel healthy. Here are a handful of healthy snacks which you can use when you need an instant pick me up.
Foods made from whole grains are great for a fast snack. A bit of whole wheat toast, as an example is a great snack in the morning hours. When you require a fast treat on your way out the door, do not forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Whole grains are always better than processed grains included in white bread.
A large variety of instant health snacks is easily available. Deciding to live a healthy life style can be as uncomplicated as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to traditional southern cornbread recipe. You can have traditional southern cornbread using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Traditional Southern Cornbread:
- Provide 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- Provide 1 cup medium grind cornmeal
- Prepare 2 tsp baking powder
- Prepare 3/4 tsp salt
- Use 1/4 tsp baking soda
- You need 1/4 cup buttermilk
- Provide 2 eggs
- You need 8 Tbl melted, unsalted butter
Steps to make Traditional Southern Cornbread:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Whisk flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium sized bowl. Mix sugar, buttermilk, and eggs in a separate bowl. Pour wet ingredients in with the dry ingredients.
- Add butter to the mixture.
- Mix well until uniform and consistency is a smooth batter.
- Pour into a well-seasoned or oiled iron skillet.
- Bake in oven for 25-35 minutes (depending on your oven).
- Use a toothpick to check if the cornbread is done. If the toothpick comes out clean, it is done.
If you find this Traditional Southern Cornbread recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.