Recipe of Any-night-of-the-week Copycat Krispy Kreme Glazed Doughnuts
Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Copycat Krispy Kreme Glazed Doughnuts recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Copycat Krispy Kreme Glazed Doughnuts recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Copycat Krispy Kreme Glazed Doughnuts recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Vitality Snacks.
We all know that having healthy meals can help us feel better inside our bodies. Whenever we eat more healthy snacks and a smaller amount of the unhealthy ones we usually feel much better. A bit of pizza doesn’t cause you to feel as healthy as eating a fresh green salad. This is usually a problem, however, with regards to eating between goodies. Finding snack foods that will help us feel better and enhance our stamina often involves lots of shopping and scrupulous reading of labels. There’s nothing like one of these healthy foods if you want an energy-boosting snack food.
Yogurt can be a snack a lot of people take for granted. In fact, many people will substitute a container of yogurt for a healthy lunch-something we don’t recommend. Low fat yogurt helps make a fantastic snack, nonetheless. It contains a great deal of calcium, proteins, and B vitamins. Yogurt is frequently eaten to help manage the digestive system considering that it is so easily digestible by many people. Yogurt mixes wonderfully with nuts and seeds. This reduces your sugar intake without lowering the taste of your snack.
A large assortment of easy health snacks is easily available. When you make the choice to be healthy, it’s simple to find what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to copycat krispy kreme glazed doughnuts recipe. To make copycat krispy kreme glazed doughnuts you only need 18 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Copycat Krispy Kreme Glazed Doughnuts:
- You need Doughnuts
- Prepare 2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
- Use 1/2 cup warm water
- Take 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Use 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- Get 1/2 tsp salt
- Use 1 egg yolk
- You need 1 large Egg
- Provide 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Take 1/4 cup shortening
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup flour
- Take Glaze
- You need 2 tbsp butter
- Take 1 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- Provide 1 pinch salt
- Prepare 2 tsp evaporated milk
- Provide 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Use 3 tsp warm water
Steps to make Copycat Krispy Kreme Glazed Doughnuts:
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, whisk together yeast, warm water and 1/2 tsp of the sugar. Let rest 5 - 10 minutes. Add in evaporated milk, remaining granulated sugar (3 Tbsp + 2 1/2 tsp), salt, 1/4 cup shortening, egg, egg yolk and vanilla. Add half of the flour and set mixer with whisk attachment and blend until smooth. Switch mixer to hook attachment, slowly add remaining flour and knead on low speed until smooth and elastic about 4 - 5 minutes, adding additional flour as needed (I only added about 2 Tbsp more. You shouldn't need a lot more, you want dough to be slightly sticky and tacky but shouldn't stick to a clean fingertip). Transfer dough to a lightly oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until double in size, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Punch dough down and roll into an even layer onto a floured surface to slightly less than 1/2-inch thickness. Cut into doughnut shapes using a doughnut cutter or two round circle cutters (on large and one small for holes). Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 - 40 minutes
- Heat shortening in a cast iron dutch oven to 360°F (don't walk away from oil while preheating and don't let it get above 375°F, remove from heat and reduce heat as needed). Meanwhile, prepare glaze by mixing together all of the glaze ingredients in a shallow dish (don't add too much water, you'll be dipping warm doughnuts in glaze so you don't want it to be runny, fairly thick is good). Carefully transfer doughnuts to oil (I could fry 3 at a time) and fry until golden on bottom, then using a wooden chopstick, flip to opposite side and fry opposite side until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool 1 - 2 minutes then dip top half in glaze while still warm and return to wire rack and allow glaze to set at room temperature. Best served warm. Once cool reheat in microwave 5 - 10 seconds if desired.
If you find this Copycat Krispy Kreme Glazed Doughnuts recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.